Thursday, November 10, 2011

Catching up on TUT(+1) or should I say -1 as I am soooo far behind ladies!

Well a few weeks ago we had CONTRAST - please check out my TUT partners blogs as they are AWESOME and have kept me going these past few weeks!


This was my CONTRAST photo taken on 13th October during our Location Photography trip to Aberdullais Falls in the Neath Swansea Valleys - I loved how the dew drops sat on these trees, the contrast of the green and muddy path that I was walking along to the falls - the evergreens and the autumn leaves on the floor. I realised on this trip how extremely unfit I have become and how important it is for me to return to nature - my soul feels so much happier!  While on this trip I also took this awesome photo of a lavendar bush - I love it!



Next up is Linda's image - just absolutely love the idea that you are using your own images around the house - so special!

 




and Marriette's image . . .


I must be honest - I am so loving going back to nature - I must also say I have been so inspired by Mariette's journey! 




The next TUT (+1) was VINTAGE!  After our long treck out to the falls the previous Thursday which was followed by 5 baby shoots at The Barnyard in Pyle on the Friday and an adventure out to Castle Coch in the evening to assist with a 'fashion' shoot on the golf course and then editing wedding photo's on my pc all day on the Sunday - I found I couldn't move!  I never realised or had as much sympathy as I now would have for people who suffer backache!  I had obviously managed to pinch a nerve as I really could not move - every movement I made sent shock waves through my body!  I managed to get an appointment on the Tuesday with an angel!  The local Chiropractor in Llantwit Major is an absolute star and after only one aggresive treatment I was pain free! Not quite out the woods but at least I could get some sleep!  I had chosen the theme {i think?} as I knew I could rely on my styled shots of Skyla! We had her in a vintage dress and fur wrap with lace gloves - quite a looker I think!


I also stole this shot of Sarah's daughter - Christy - a true model who is now working and studying in London - what a pleasure to see her in action . . . and the last of the days sunshine playing on the castle wall was delightful!

 


Linda did well with her shot ....


Very clever indeed! As always totally out the box - I love it!


and Mariette's too .....



Beautiful DOF!  Love it!

Last's weeks theme was OCTOBER chosen by Linda {i think!} - I didn't get anywhere near taking photo's after another wedding, more shoots at The Barnyard, more treatments on my back and overcoming two huge obstacles - Kay's mom's visit [I got through it unscathed! And may I add it made me so much stronger!  Lance and I are now building on solid foundations but more of that to come with a HUGE announcement!] AND Meagan and Luke going to Spain for a week! {they are home safe and sound!}

As always our circle celebrated Samhein in style and it was lovely to sit and carve my pumpkin!  To make pumpkin fritters and spicy pumpkin soup . . . but what was more special was to see my husband deal with emotions and a situation that has been locked up in a box in his heart for the past four years - I am so proud of my man - I love him more than anything and am so glad to be sharing his life with him!

Here is my pumpkin


and Lance's too


{sorry he sent it to me in the wrong format - will add later!}

 


and here is Linda's artwork . . .


Love that both photo's link to such a special lady - my other Mom - the Mom that taught me a love of pumpkin fritters - Aunty Rose you were constantly in my thoughts and so highly spoken about whilst trying to meet your high level of pumpkin fritter making!  I just didn't reach the target but will keep on trying!  Love and miss you loads - xx

and Mariette's too



Love that fact that Mariette looks up for inspiration!


Signing off to rush off to the dentist and then on to my Darkroom lecture - photo's will be added later as for some strange reason I cannot get into my email account!


With love . . . . Me x


No comments: