Friday, August 26, 2011

TUTT(+1) - Cycle

Pam chose this weeks theme and one just had to 'know' that she already had her idea!  What a wonderful way to show 'cycle' - this little chick is just too gorgeous!


Next up is Mariette's version - you certainly have a talent Mariette I think you need to check out macro photography!  You 'see' things differently - such an inspiration!


For me Linda's take made me chuckle.  And then I realised why everything in SA is so different - vibrant (?) - when we arrived in Wales we were so dissapointed with food packaging as it all seemed so bland - even your Kit Kat which was in the 'same' red packaging (Oh, so not the same . . . the red seemed dull!!!!)  - this photo has settled it for me it is not that the Kit Kat wrappers in Wales are dull - it is because the surroundings in SA are so barren that the colours seem so vibrant!  Now I know why EVERYONE comments on how green it is here!  We now take it for granted and it does not appear to be as green as it sometimes is . . . who says the grass isn't always greener on the other side - haha!



Kay's journey to motherhood has so far been a smooth one - there are of course the little skipped heartbeats when she panics and thinks something is wrong or that she won't cope (but, Mum how do you know what you need to do?) but her health has been good - she is such a short little thing you wonder how wrapped up that baby must be!  It has been an honour to be a step mom - something I don't think I have done too badly!  I know I have wanted to tear my hair out on occassions and get so deeply hurt on others but I can hold my head up high and say I had a great leader - my step dad means the world to me - because of him I knew how to take on the role.  It is a great honour to say John is my Dad.  As it is to say Kay and Christy are my daughters - I am not there to take anyone's place - their Mom is their only Mom and she is special to them.  But I have had the honour of being their Dad's wife and have been allowed to be a part of their lives and sometimes we have to sit back and say thank you for the privilege!  Here is Kay looking to her future as a mother and I know she will do it well!


Lance and I have a plan up our sleeves and because of next weeks theme we have to put some speed into our actions AS we have to FACE facts!

We will smile everyday and four girls will be saying 'Oh Gosh did YOU have to do that!'  I can't wait to see their FACES!

. . .  and now for a little bit of our green!



Look how drab the coke bottle wrapper looks and compare it to a coke bottle were you are!!!


No comments: