After much to do on my blog and deleting half of it I have now discovered how to fix it! A simple email from blogger would have been lovely to say we needed to update our editor before we could publish new posts! Gripe over . . .
What an honour for me this week to be involved with TUTT (+1). I am joining up with three special ladies from all over the world! We bring you TRANSPORT . . .
My shot this week was taken when I visited my blog partner Andrea for her maternity shoot. Not only is it special for me to use but I still feel linked in to her while she is taking a rest from TUT - Andrea is aware that I am on standby to join up again so when that call comes you may only see me as a guest on this awesome foursome TUTT (+1)! We had left Andrea after the maternity and family shoot to visit Lance's Uncle in Haywards Heath and popped into a restaurant for lunch and a good old chat to catch up. Next to the restaurant was a lovely park and this miniature steam railway! It was lovely to see the childrens excitement queueing up to go for a ride and to hear them scream going through the tunnel . . . It was also great to see the pride and joy of the train drivers - no matter what age. Transport to me says so much about boys and their toys!
This was my second shot - showing it truly doesn't matter how they grow up - they still love their toys!
Linda had a lovely shot this week - funny we have chosen the same mode of transport - in her words "It is a portion of a steam train taken on an outing to a Steam Train open day in Germiston a couple of weeks ago - I like the ray of sun across the photo – I am not sure if that makes it a bad photo, but it spoke to me…"
For Pams picture here this week she shares her story - "Here is my pic for the week. I had planned to snap something on my farm pick ups today, I thought I was sure to see a wagon, a tractor, a pick up loaded with produce or workers . . . but no, they were all somewhere else today. The guy delivering some of our imported produce (mangoes, bananas etc) was supposed to meet me at 6 this morning and I took my camera thinking that would be a good opportunity with nice light, but he was FOUR HOURS late and by the time he arrived I had lost my sense of humor and my desire to do anything with my camera other than smack him on the head with it. I also crossed two rail road crossings that ALWAYS catch me and today? Not a train in sight! So, when I got home I was thinking of photogaphing my car when I remembered I have two two-wheel horse carriages sitting in my back yard. Yes. Two. (Go ahead, make your 'cart before the horse jokes, I have heard them all before). They are wrapped up and I couldn't get the whole thing uncovered and moved to the middle of the field for a nice photo so this is what you get. And in fact I took a better one by stretching down and holding my camera pointing up and the shot is beautiful, except there is a big spider in the corner. EEK! Thank goodness I didn't stick my face down there! And if you think 'that is what she gets for leaving it till the last minute let me just tell you that I had my camera with me all week and 'transport' has avoided me . . . ALL week. "
So glad we didnt' get to share the spider pic!
And finally from our awesome foursome - last but by no means least, Mariette, in her own words!
"Thank you, Linda, for letting me use an old picture (I wasn't happy with this week's pictures, but will include them in my blog).
I took the picture whilst on a short holiday in Venice a few years back. It was truly amazing to see how people coped transporting not only themselves, but also their goods, around the waterways within the city. It's one of my favourite pictures.
it is predominantly the little alleyways, but the picture was taken at the Rialto bridge, on one of the main waterways......I'll include other pics in my blog to explain"
What an awesome week and an awesome start to this new team! I have an interesting challenge for them all for next week - so do pop by!
Thank you Linda, Mariette and Pam for having me - it is an honour!
Have a fabulous week - I am sure you will be spotting all forms of transport and seeing my link to boys and their toys during the next few days - have fun!




1 comment:
Lovely post Claire - It is great to have you on board....I am going to enjoy every minute of being a foursome...but please let Andrea know that you are "hers' again as soon as she says the word - I love the idea of "guest postings" for the future ... Lots of love
Post a Comment