we had quite a weekend - Friday we spent shopping! The children needed extra finishing touches to their costumes for Trick or Treating! Skyla had a ball and came home with a huge bag of loot AND extra pocket money! We only had a few knocks on our door so are left with a huge bucket of sweets - I think it was Lance's scary face!
We also ordered our lounge sofa's - a four seater and a two seater with a footstool! It is absolutely divine and I cannot wait until it is delivered Christmas week - it is going to be AWESOME! We originally went to see the sale items and YES you guessed it I fell in love with the most expensive new range that only came in store a couple of weeks ago - I must admit the webpage does not do it justice as I skipped through it on Thursday night when browsing so you will all just have to wait until it is delivered and possibly come see for your self!
After local trick or treating we took Skyla up to Talbot Green to her favourite Uncle Chris and YES Aunty Chris too! We had a lovely evening full of laughter and came home for a well deserved sleep! On Saturday I climbed into the house with a new zest to get everything sorted for the big arrival! I know I am nuts and it is still a long wait but I also wanted the piano put in its rightful place. I spend a good hour with loads of polish and elbow grease and we will get it back into shape. It is so lovely to hear it played - both girls are coming on well - Skyla reading music and Meagan with her natural ear! Meagan's friend Sammy and one of the boys play beautifully - it really is great it is being used.
Then after an appointment for a wedding shoot it was off to Cardiff for the firework display - it was good - it had to be good - people like us fools stood in a mud pit (after all the rain and constant rain and 18000 pairs of feet you can imagine the grass didn't stand a chance at Sophia Gardens - it was superb but as soon as the last one blasted off all 18000 pairs of feet headed for the exit - patience was called for but we were soon out and on the road home only to discover that my wedding ring was gone! What a shock and it sent me into a miserable state as our original rings were stolen in transit or storage SO this was horrible for me! I can remember putting both rings on with my watch and bracelet before Emma and Neil came over! I was SURE! Relieved to find that by some fluke I had left it at home, in the basket not even on the table I put it on at! I really did think I had lost it to that mud pit as I had taken my gloves off on several occasions to pay for things and with it being SOOOOOO cold I thought it had fallen off - all I can say is - THANK YOU to my angels!
The episode did make me reflect on how I feel about THINGS though! I do seem to be NESTING again - we are almost done and for that I am grateful - it makes a BIG difference if you are in a nice home - it makes things somehow easier! We met a lovely couple from Weltevreden Park in Ikea on Sunday who have made the move TWICE - the first time for two years then went on holiday and came back for a week and left for SA. After the birth of their second son they decided to not wait to be victims of crime so have been back here a year! They say they are in a little place with no garden - I am soooo grateful for our garden! I am sure we will see them again and have made contact to make arrangements for late November. We have really been blessed with a lovely home and even more blessed with lovely friends.
So SUNDAY we spent at IKEA getting Meagan's room sorted - it is almost there just need the table and chair and extra rings to put up one last drop of her curtains - they look stunning - we have put up both the orange and red curtains which were in their bedroom in SA. With her Avril Lavigne poster in the same colouring and now her linen in Cerise, Orange etc and made up with two duvets like ours and LOTS of cushions her day bed looks like a day bed - it is so pretty! Photos will follow SORRY!
Lynfa and Duncan came over for coffee and I have another apple cake victim - Lance went and FOUND more apples on our tree tonight which is a hint that he wants more too - AND he wonders why he can no longer fit in any of his jeans!!!!!
I was on training today so am really tired but know that I have been notoriously bad at updating the blog - there are silent readers out there I know! We have quite a weekend ahead so I don't think there will be time to post - Lance has his SVA test for PUMBA and once passed and registered and licensed he will be officially on the roads so I won't see him until we have to leave for Paul Carrick on Friday night with Chris and Chris at the St Davids Hall in Cardiff and then our first trip to Millenium Stadium on Saturday for the big game - look out for us - LANCE IS DETERMINED to be seen on TV! (Just for you Dad!) Straight after the defeat (either way one of us will be!!!!) we are off to Talbot Green for Mid-Wife Crisis in concert! On Sunday I think we will be nursing sore heads and tired bodies BUT we will drag ourselves into LLantwit for the parade and put our poppies down in honour of our heroes from the war, my grandfather being one of them.
Until we surface for the next round which is Skyla's Pamper Party and Sleepover next weekend and the switching on of the lights in Cardiff, Flashdance the Musical and the Cardiff EYE and Iceskating! I will find a gap to scrap - I have found a gap to do a wonderful recipe book celebrating our family's favourite recipe's to pass down the generations - by the way we have decided that if the girls marry (CAN'T BEAR THE THOUGHT) they will be keeping their name in order to keep the history of the Welsh Mc Geers going - I am so proud that they want to do it too!
From she so filled with verbal *****!
1 comment:
Wow Claire it certainly seems like you have all settled down nicely and things are slowly coming together. It must be such a wonderful feeling, knowing you made the right choice to move and settle.
My daughter, currently in London, will be moving to Cardiff at the end of this month. If we ever come over and visit her, I will be sure to look you up.
Keep well and enjoy the rest after your hectic socialising!!
Post a Comment