Sunday, November 09, 2008

I thought of home . . .



Lance and I had the privilige of sitting in the front row for an AWESOME performance from Paul Carrack. I must be honest when this song came on I thought of South Africa and my time there. WHY? The Castle Lager ad with all the South African's in New York coming together for a rooftop braai!

On Saturday we were two of the 74 119 people held within the Millenium Stadium for an ELECTRIFYING game - it was unbelievable and I have to be honest the South African supporters should take a page out of the Welsh supporters book - the singing was phenomenal and it made me proud to have my roots in Wales! Secretly I was also proud to be an ex-South African but I have to be totally honest South Africa and Zimbabwe were never really HOME - I am HOME now! Sad to think I spent 39 years away from my HOME - but I am here now! I thank South Africa and Zimbabwe/Rhodesia for giving me a good solid AFRICAN foundation and am grateful make no mistake but there is nothing quite like feeling at HOME! I hope that one day my girls will NOT feel like that about SOuth Africa with them being born there but I will not be able to stop that if they feel they want to go HOME! We all have a path to lead and there is a reason for EVERYTHING! Meagan wants to visit next year - her heart is still pining sorely for her HOME! She might just surprise you all with a visit once Lance has his permanent residence!

Today we held 2 minutes silence at home for all the War Heroes! Weather prohibitted our tired souls walking down to the local Cenotaph but we have a picture or two! I will share them in a slideshow shortly.

Exciting photos coming of the Christmas Lights in Cardiff after Wednesday - until then - mis julle baie! Met ons liefde - xxxxxx-

1 comment:

Michelle Ramsay said...

Home is always where you heart is. Enjoy