Wednesday, March 12, 2008

. . .



This weeks update from the Mad Mcgeer household! Last week was a little hectic and full of excitement with Lance receiving his brand new car - literally out the box with only 7 miles on the clock! A cute Corsa Club 140 which seems HUGE to us after driving the little Panda for the past weeks. Lance is very happy and I feel a little better with him travelling in relative comfort all over the place. He has been conquering Somerset the past week and to be honest I think his first love will always be Wales. With the soccer and rugby scores who can blame him?

Four day weeks seem to be in store for me for a while with the easter holidays coming along and I took friday last week off to decorate Skyla's room. Lance and I had a ball and eventually made it to IKEA! Problem - BIG problem! Should have at least tried to stay away a little longer! Needless to say I am glad we made the trip and now know what beds we want! All happy with the choices! Skyla now has a little room fit for a princess! Pink walls, pink and white gingham curtains, pink and white heart duvet covers, a pink and white polka dot fleece throw with matching cushion and a white flower wall light. Best of all is her pink and multicolour polka dot block out blind! It was so easy to install, gives a lovely effect and you can sleep right through the morning sunshine! She is a little happier but still does not make it right through the night and I HAVE to make her start going back to her bed to get into a routine!

Meagan is in the throws of young love and is totally besotted with Scott - not sure how long its going to last but as a mother of a moody teenager I am enjoying the up! (oops - no more Scott! I am really glad as he is the type of guy that is your forever friend and I would rather that!)

My photography course is proving fun but deep! I guess I just need to knuckle down and get into all the books and I will surface at the end of the year! Work is all good and getting busier!

The WEATHER - well you have all seen the weather on SKY but to put your minds at rest we are FINE! We have been relatively unscathed in our little area only battered by harsh winds at night. Fortunately we are a little way from the beach - it is a lovely stroll and those that know it know that it is beautiful and for those that don't I am sure you will fall in love with it when you see it! The ONLY other affect the current storm has had on us is a break from the awesome weather we have had and a different scene to see in the mornings on the way to work and back home in the afternoons! We drive the coastal road before shooting into the lanes (we will see how you all fell about them when YOU experience them!) the views are BEAUTIFUL and we have seen BREATHETAKING sunsets on the way home! Today (this is an additional update!) we are being blown away! Todays headlines were a laugh though as there are MORE severe weather warnings out (I mean this morning 7 trucks were blown off the highway) YES it is serious but we are okay! We were very lucky on Monday and that is why they are saying most people won't take heed of the new new warnings because we came off lightly! I will keep you all posted though - AND I promise I will not be down the beach this evening to see the spring tide! Beside it being TOTALLY past my bedtime it is not my idea of an adreniline rush to check how far the waves come in! Meagan did ask to go with friends and her horrible MOTHER declined on her behalf! I cannot see what they get out of it - seriously!

Just a reminder that on Friday we celebrate our three month milestone! AND in that time two gate motors at Lechwe Road have been STOLEN! Can you BELIEVE it? Sometimes it feels so unreal that we are actually here and at other times it feels like we have been here forever! Only once did I wake up in the middle of the night and felt like I had been in a time warp - I was convinced that I was in my bed at our old home! I am looking forward to waking up at night in my own bed - it has been chosen and now we wait until it arrives! Until the next update - we love and miss you all - so glad to be preparing for visits so soon!

2 comments:

Michelle Ramsay said...

Sounds like you had fun decorating - please post some photos, would love to see the end result.

Sounds like you are settling in nicely and making the most of everything around you. Enjoy.

Regards

Tamara-Jane said...

Hello.

Just a quick note to say i love you lots. The girls need to update their blogs as well.

Enjoy the rest of your week.