Sunday, February 03, 2008

Last week . . . (sorry I thought it was published!)


The past weekend was spent trying to balance catching up with the daily running of our home and a social calendar! We were invited for dinner last week to South Africans who made it to Bridgend from Alberton seven years ago. Michelle and Lance are a fantastic couple who I am sure we will be seeing much of in the future. Their two daughters are slightly older than Meagan and Skyla but I am sure that the two elder girls got on very well. We spent a lovely evening over a LASAGNE dinner - I am sure some of you may find the humour in this - a late night and back home through the NARROW roads that we then went back and photographed for you on Sunday. Meagan’s friend Jessica spent the night on Friday and most of the day on Saturday, and Sunday. We went for a quick update with Auntie Kaye as we had not seen her all week and then went exploring to Llantwit Beach and Llanmaes! 216 photos later - see facebook for some! The roads are REALLY narrow but I am sure once I get to driving too I will do it with the ease that Lance seems to handle it - and totally stress free - yeah right! The scenery is beautiful and I am sure the same surrounds taken during each season will produce remarkably different results of which I can’t wait to see! We met a lovely four legged friend outside Wilkinson's on Saturday and for those who have not yet had the privilege a Japanese Kita is quite something - you cannot believe they are fighting dogs as they look like cuddly bears - especially this young specimen that we came into contact with! The scales are weighing down against getting a canine companion just yet - the girls of oblivious of the decision! - We don’t want to be tied down just yet! I have been told that Lance does not need to pay for a Schenken Visa providing he takes my passport and the girls passport with him to the embassy - so guess what? I reckon it is about time he tested his driving skills in LONDON and gets one so that we can plan a quick trip to Paris! I think that will totally outweigh the longing for their four legged companions - don’t you? Half term is coming up in February and there are amazing specials across the way at Euro Disney so tonight is homework night to see what we can pull off! Meagan and Skyla really need the break - they have been absolutely amazing - they deserve to have the shock of their lives one day when we wake them up and tell them what they will be doing for that day! My latest motto - live each day as if it’s your last - and do the things that make you HAPPY!

No comments: