Today was my first day and you will all be proud I was up bright and early and still managed to do lunches for everyone and fold up and sort all the laundry!!! MMMM . . . early days yet - hey! Tomorrow I will be catching the train at 0656 so that I can get home early in the evenings - will only be home at 1721 but still its better that after 6pm hey! Quite an adjustment and sooooooooooooo organised we could all learn a lesson! A call to their IT division for my password after receiving an email with my username and GUESS WHAT! You guessed it - Tanya, a South African answered the phone! It seems as though there are PLENTY ex-South Africans here - and after three years she still had a South African accent! We are having dinner with a couple in Bridgend on Saturday evening - they have girls the same age so maybe we will have a budding new friendship coming on! My SA facebook contact has also invited us out this weekend so things are starting to look up on the social front. We may stop off at Ikea too something that we didn't manage this last weekend and we couldn't find it!!!! Anyhoo - off to do dinner and all the domestics that I am so enjoying now after giving them up for the past 9 years! I have remembered how to cook and bake and wash dishes and do the washing and ironing! Sorry Katie, enjoying it too much at the moment to miss you tooo much!
Also a note to check our new bloggers:-
www.wolfaddict.blogspot.com for Lance
www.skylamoo.blogspot.com for Skyla
and
www.meagansdiary.blogspot.com
I can see our FIRST aquisition after the deepfreeze is going to have to be laptops! All the computer literate people in one house wanting to check their mails, update their blogs and of course FACEBOOK! Mmmmm, a photography course is definitely on the cards for me - for a wedding here they are getting 1500 pounds - not bad for a daily rate hey?
Lovies, til next time from a very wet Llantwit . . .
1 comment:
Hello...
Nice to see things are settling down so nicely! Please can you change the privacy settings on Lance and Skyla's blogs. I tried to go into them, but for some reason i need to be invited to see them. I want to add them to my link list so that i can get into them easily.
Love you lots. Hope you enjoyed your second day back at work.
Post a Comment