Sunday, January 01, 2012

Welcome 2012!

I am so happy to welcome 2012! 

2011 was not without it's highlights - for me personally it was the birth of my step-granddaughter, Mia.  To be part of such a big event was priceless and it has touched my soul forever.  It does not matter if they stay near or far - {those choices are for them to make as a family} -  I will treasure each moment that I have her in my life as if it is the last - THAT of course is what she has come to teach me!  To treasure each moment as if it is our last - we only have one life and I intend to start LIVING it!

I have been busy preparing to start marking off some items on my list and have a stunning crochet project ready to start that will make Skyla HAPPY!  She has wanted it for so long so it is the first one I will start this year.

I have my pile of Harry Potter books ready next to my bed and made a start on No. 1 on the 29th December.  It was such a blessing as I was missing No. 1 and No. 4 from my collection so we went off to the charity shops in Llantwit Major on Friday . . . I came home with a lovely stash - one of the best photography books in my collection for only 50p!!  Unfortunately Harry was not one of them.  So off to Cowbridge we went and there, ready and waiting in the bottom shelf was Harry Potter and the Philospher's Stone.  My guess is they will have No. 4 ready and waiting when I need it!  I am so pleased to have The Shack and The Alchemist back on the shelf ready and waiting for the next victim to lend them to!

I have my photo of the day ready and waiting - my inspiration for today's photo was taken from Natasha's photo from her holiday in Australia - just love her depth of field and focus points.  Thank you Tash for constantly influencing my life even when you are the other side of the world!  I am with you in spirit and look forward to our 'ladies' get together sometime this year!  We are going to have long tales to tell . . .




I took several photo's this morning - starting off at my bookshelf filled to the brim with photography books - like some but not quite what I was looking for!  Next I went to my beloved Welsh Dresser - love one of them but still not entirely happy.  Landed up on my new LOVE word - nah!  Landed up on DREAM!  Love it - it has so many things that I love - love the heart in the scrapbook page behind it with our beloved Christy - miss her so much!  Mia loves 'talking' to her Aunty Christy!  I love that the 'old man' in Skyla's photo behind is still with us!  He has been visiting since Linda discovered him in our lounge in Lechwe Road, South Africa. Love that I 'creatively' used points of focus to highlight a letter in my favourite word!  Love my out of focus dragonfly - I know he is there!  Love the piano it is all sitting on and the tale it has to tell; and the placemat from my favourite shop in Kempton Park.  I love the fact that this year I get to live my D-R-E-A-M!  Bring it on 2012 I am ready for you!


Signing out of day 1 of Project 365 - My year 2012!

Wishing everyone a wonderful year ahead - grab your {dream}s!

2 comments:

Mariette said...

Lovely post, Claire. Loving your energy this year!!!

Mariette said...

And LOVE the picture!