I am not going to consider this a fail as I was so comfy in bed - it's my own fault for not having an iPad so I could have updated in bed! Yes, it's on my list of things I need!
Well yesterday was such a busy day at work but I achieved! I did the task in record time!
The afternoon was emotional - as can be expected. I always leave funerals wondering what people will have to say when I depart this body! What would they have to say about ME? How would I like to be remembered? I am humbled everytime that I really need to work on what people will remember me for and know that I have a long way to go to get that right. You much all just know that I want a wicker basket coffin. I would like nice flowers but they must be WHITE! I don't want a coloured spectacle and they mustn't be too big. They must be like my wedding bouquet - St Josephs if possible but anything similar will do! They must not be burnt with me they must be taken home and enjoyed! If that is too difficult give them to some random person who will love them and who's heart will be made happy as they may never have received such a beautiful bouquet. I want to be cremated. I want my ashes thrown to the wind off Nash Point Cliffs - be careful which way the wind is blowing - I don't want to land up in anyones mouth! I am still thinking of what song I would like played when you are leaving the Crem but don't worry you will know when you need to! I would like a nice hymn - I will let you know that too. I want people to wear anything but black - I want my life to be celebrated. Laugh about 'Where is the colour in that!" and my flying fox moment and the Cliffhanger story - and forget about the more serious moments when I have let you down. Remember hotair ballooning with me or Microlighting - walking in Bangkok to get my fan - the ONE I spotted when driving past on the bus to the hotel when we arrived - oversleeping in Bangkok and finding Dave out of billions of tour busses in Bangkok! Hiking around the dam when training - me falling out of the kitchen doorway sober and breaking my ankle! Don't make it serious. And please don't let anyone who is too emotional make a speech - rather let it be read by someone who can. I am really stuck about who is going to carry me in - I would like to say its punishment to all the men who have taken all four girls on to carry the 'MIL' one last time - but I'm not sure they will cope so I really am not fussed if you have me wheeled in on the trolley although to be carried would be nice.
It was an wonderful send off for a very special man! Cake Cath's dad was special! I can only hope that I will make such an impression on so many people before I depart this body that I will have such a good one!
This is what I want to say goodby to and this is where I want to be remembered!
Not too depressing I hope - I hope you all understand the spirit in which this has been posted!
Love you all!

No comments:
Post a Comment