Saturday, January 21, 2012

Blog your heart out - December

Yes, I last blogged my heart out in November!  This post is going to be reflective post - thinking back on our December and were I was.  Thankfully, I am no longer there . . .

December brings celebrations - two quite big one's in the Welsh Mc Geer household.  You see, we celebrate the start of our adventure.  14 December 2011 was our Fourth anniversary of our arrival in Wales.  We landed a family of four on a new adventure.  We had never been a family of four. The first year saw us come together as a tight knit family unit.  We laughed, giggled, cried together.  We held each other together and I enjoyed it so much - I relished being four!  The second year was much of the same with Kay and Quinton joining us later in the year.  The boundaries moved  a little - teenage things happened and upsets were bound to happen.  Our third saw things settling down and adjustments were made.  Christy and Christo visited and we shared lots of good times.  Our fouth was VERY different - from the ripples the South African trip left behind, Kay and Quin moving back to Llantwit, the heartache that saw Meagan move out, the addition to our unit with Mia, teenage years being entered into by Skyla, bumps along the way with friendships or supposed friendships, emotional imbalances, depression, work-life balance wobblies = chaos!

It brought our fifth Christmas - a quiet celebration this year which was quite different right down to when we opened presents. A christmas that will NEVER be repeated - we will go back to celebrating the Mc Geer way - Mamma Bear is back - or rather getting there one slow step at a time.

I was in a rotten place in December but it was part of my journey - a journey of cleansing and renewal. I am almost done with sorting out the house - charity bags are gone and more are here to go.  I am grateful that I am through it - I am thankful for what I have learnt.  LOVE - above all things the greatest is LOVE.  We all make decisions that others may not agree with but if they love us through it we come out the other end.  I have to start showing and displaying my love more - some people don't realise just how much I LOVE them!

I just want to take this opportunity to say thank you to all those that have loved me through this - and all those that I love remember when I am being bitchy (ME?) or otherwise there is a reason for it - just ask me to turn the volume down and you will hear! We have ALL (Welsh Mc Geers especially) been through so much heartache in some form over the last four years - lets make our FIFTH year count and make up for it all.  It was not easy to say goodbye to those we love and cherish and more so it is not easy to repeat. 

Let's just make it all worthwhile . . .

1 comment:

Mariette said...

All the best for this year Claire. Thank you for sharing!