or should I say "When do they get it?"
That they are sisters and they are all they have at the end of the day!
That life is give and take and not all take.
That you truly have to love yourself in order to know what it is like to love someone else.
That life is too short to fight, argue or be unkind.
That life is not as they see it as this age.
That family is the most important thing, even though we don't get to choose them like friends I think we make that choice long before we arrive and it was the right choice!
That laughter is truly the best medicine.
That hugs are more important than material things.
That a little effort goes a long way.
That two wrongs don't make a right.
That saying sorry means nothing unless you truly mean that you will try not to do the same thing again.
That a little respect for others earns tonnes more respect back.
That some love is totally unconditional and it hurts!
That tolerance is truly one of lifes largest gifts that money cannot buy.
That climbing into ones self made castle walls is not good for you.
Please don't let some wise-crack now say that all this dawns on them when they have their own children! I know it is probably true but I just can't help feeling that I have done something terribly wrong, some huge unjustice to my daughters that needs to be fixed and I have no idea how!
You guessed it - after an argument with your girls over a petty little thing like dishes is not the time to sit and do a blog post that was supposed to be about how spoilt we all were for Christmas! I just could not take another minute of their barking at each other about what the one has done and how to work their way out of doing the dishes - well sunshines, it was the last straw that broke this camels back! No ipod touch that shocked you speachless and almost breathless when you opened it on Christmas day! No mobile phone that links you to you precious friends! No computer to link you to the outside world either! Maybe now is the time to read you Heidi and Black Beauty and learn some nursery rhymes that you appear to have forgotten! Humility comes to mind.
1 comment:
I so get it, every single little bit of it and I understand your dismay at these times, sometimes I could just weep when my two go at it and I wonder what I did to make them hate each other so much....and then just as quickly I come round the corner and they are curled up together on the bed playing ds games and I know I haven't done anything wrong and that it is just life and who else can we shout at and rage against and flex out will with if not the people we love most in the world and that is exactly what they have been doing, showing each other just how much they trust the other to love them despite it all, well that is what I tell myself anyway xxx
A
Post a Comment