Saturday, December 20, 2008

Take a step back . . .


wow - we have been here a year! We celebrated with the most awesome friends and in reflection it is amazing what we have achieved! I am currently sitting on my new lounge suite that I would not like to convert the value of into Rands as I would never sit on it let along our puppy play on it like she does! It was delivered yesterday and is so comfortable you just want to snuggle in and read a good book - although it would only be a couple of pages! Your eye lids become really heavy and off you go into lala land! Today I took Aunty Kaye to Pets @ Home and the two lovely dogs in our lives have been spoilt with lovely coats and toys for Christmas! I then made some good old fudge, tomorrow it will be Welsh Cakes and so the preparations go for a glorious Christmas! The fridges and cupboards are full to overflowing and life if good! Christmas shopping is almost done and most of the presents are wrapped! Meagan got me into aweful trouble over an advent calendar - nothing like having your lovely daughter get you into the sh1t with your best friend and make you feel like an absolutely useless mother! Any how she now has a delightful Gingerbread man with 24 drawers to fill with festive treats and we filled them with divine Lindt truffles - I know I know it will be back to the hard work of losing weight again in the New Year but for now it is just lapping up all the luxury and enjoying the warmth of home. Home baked and homemade specialities always feel good and make you feel good mmmmmm and my latest recipe for hot chocolate is just toooo nice! 3 Teaspoons of Cadbury's Hot Chocolate and 1 teaspoon of Cadburys deluxe hot chocolate with a tot of Baileys and filled with hot frothy milk! It is HEAVEN! Christmas is so much more Christmassy in the cold and I would highly recommend those back home doing Christmas in the middle of Winter it just feels so much better! I am like a little girl going through my second childhood and it is so much fun doing it with my girls! Lots of New Years DECISIONS in the making so watch this space - more covereage on our second year and an outlet for the creative ME that has had a break for far too long! I am content - I am happy and more than anything I love being who and where I am at the moment - Life is Good - All is good in my world . . . .

1 comment:

Michelle Ramsay said...

Your hot chocolate recipe sounds divine - I will certainly have to try and make it somehow!!

I am so happy for you that you at a happy place - life can only get better!

Keep well and have a wonderful Christmas.