Sunday, September 28, 2008

Special places and more special people . . .







I could not have asked for more! My last day as a 39 year old was bliss! We lay by the river next to Ogmore Castle and listened to the water go by! We watched the horse riders in the dunes and when they came back from their long outrides on the beach we watched them cross the river right next to us! Skyla of course had to get her wellies wet! It was wonderful. We went on to Nash Point for my favourite Welsh Cakes - the best in the world I think until I get to baking them! A wonderful big mug of fresh hot tea and a HUGE welshcake, perched on the cliff top to watch the sea - blissful. A 'surprise' gathering of special friends, wonderful food, laughter and joy - what more could a girl ask for! I was spoilt! LOOK AT MY CAKE!!!! THANK YOU all who were involved in the plotting - I can really say my first birthday in Wales was one to remember! And now for a blissful day of scrapping - oh boy how do I start?

1 comment:

Michelle Ramsay said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate!

The cake is divine and I am sure it tasted even better.

Your photos are stunning