Sunday, July 20, 2008

Well hello!


I know, I know I have been notoriously bad for updating the blog I am sorry! I actually didn't realise people were still checking up on it and with fighting to get laptop time between the rest of the family didn't take it too seriously. However, I have been told I need to keep it up for you as well as for me!

We have been so calm in the new house it is lovely. I am sure that the Spa bath is what is doing it for me but the garden and extra space is too!

Skyla has been in the wars with a splinter in her eye and then a greenstick fractured arm! She has a sexy pink cast which I will upload and YES I found a special space for Aunty Linda and signed on your behalf! She is now down with the flu that caught me last week and I am praying it does not go into the middle ear infection which is causing me much discomfort! I have lost my balance completely - and am being treated for vertigo.

Lance had a wonderful two weeks off and is working hard now that they have a new chain of stores to go into and he has been given the whole chain to sell into as well as the ice rink in Cardiff which he will finish off this week - no rest for the wicked he is WORKING hard! To top it off he has helped 6" Lance in Bridgend put on his garage roof this weekend! Leaving us girls to do a major clean and catch up of the washing and ironing - we have beautiful weather so will get stuck into the garden as well today.

Meagan had a wonderful trip to Paris and now the travel bug has bitten! She is already saying that she is going on the skiing trip in November/December to Austria or Switzerland - I am trying to convince her she NEEDS to start doing the paper round but it is just NOT in her image!

They are both on six week summer break now which is going to seem very long but at least we have a three week break with Kay and Quinton here inbetween.

My interview is on the 1st so I will be glad to get that over with and we have a birthday party and my Mom's hip replacement on the 2nd and Aunty Kaye's birthday on the 3rd so all in all there is a lot to look forward to and get behind us in August. We are also waiting patiently for our worldly belongings to arrive from SA - they are in a container and waiting shipping! How exciting is that?

Miss you all - write or email! REMEMBER that you have had my undivided attention which is about to change as my scrapbooking sabatical is almost over! I am feeling truly creative and am looking forward to setting up weekend seminars at a local castle - and you thought I would give it a break! Watch this space! I have also had a demand for online classes as designersnotes has had a break too - I will be posting FREE classes on the blog from November.

I leave you with the words that I read recently - suggestions for living less stressfully by Helen Nearing:-
Do the best you can, whatever arises.
Be at peace with yourself.
FInd a job you enjoy.
Live in simple conditions, housing, food, clothing, get rid of clutter.
Contact nature every day; feel the earth under your feet.
Take physical exercise through hard work, through gardening or walking.
Don't worry, live one day at a time.
Share something every day with someone else, if you live alone, write someone, give something away, helpt somone else somehow.
Take time to wonder at life and the world, see some humour in life where you can.
Observe the one life in all things.
Be kind to creatures.

I am on a simple abundant path - thanks TASH - I bought a new book as I couldn't wait for mine to come - it has taken years but at least I am getting there - this new book will be passed to someone else as soon as my treasured copy returns home!

1 comment:

Tamara-Jane said...

hello...

just dropping by to send u some love...

mwah

xxxx