I know not as quickly as most of you would have liked but we are permanently online now so as long as we at home you will be able to get hold of us! I think we have done a sterling job as in three weeks we both have bank accounts, Lance has a job doing exactly what he has been doing for the past nine years (more to follow), we have SKY (all 1000 channels and that excludes SPORT AND MOVIES!) a BT line which has now been converted to SkyTalk allowing us to FREE talk in the UK (unfortunately not to South Africa – that is what SKYPE is for!), Sky Broadband, school uniforms and MY BEST my pink floral wellies! We have achieved all this and MORE in only three weeks and I think we deserve a gold medal – we have left EVERYTHING we KNOW to settle in a strange COLD environment in the middle of winter on the other side of the planet – come on you can give us the thumbs up! One thing I can say is that the weather may be a little glum but people here are not – we have been welcomed with friendly faces and lovely people in all our dealings. Here are a couple of photo’s (more to follow) . . .
Friday, January 04, 2008
ONLINE at last!
I know not as quickly as most of you would have liked but we are permanently online now so as long as we at home you will be able to get hold of us! I think we have done a sterling job as in three weeks we both have bank accounts, Lance has a job doing exactly what he has been doing for the past nine years (more to follow), we have SKY (all 1000 channels and that excludes SPORT AND MOVIES!) a BT line which has now been converted to SkyTalk allowing us to FREE talk in the UK (unfortunately not to South Africa – that is what SKYPE is for!), Sky Broadband, school uniforms and MY BEST my pink floral wellies! We have achieved all this and MORE in only three weeks and I think we deserve a gold medal – we have left EVERYTHING we KNOW to settle in a strange COLD environment in the middle of winter on the other side of the planet – come on you can give us the thumbs up! One thing I can say is that the weather may be a little glum but people here are not – we have been welcomed with friendly faces and lovely people in all our dealings. Here are a couple of photo’s (more to follow) . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hi Claire, it was great hearing from you at last, was wondering how you were. Glad to hear that Lance got a job, how about you? I got a fax from a recruitment agency and I sent it back to them hope you get a job soon. What is your Skype no, as we are also on Skype so I would love to phone you.
I tried to load a comment this morning but it looks as though it never worked so I am trying again.
Love me
Lets try this again. I told you it would not take too long to settle. Megan will settle as soon as she has a good friend to hang out with, remeber she is older and understands more. I am proud of Lancey with his first order. I sincerely hope you get the job u have your eyes on. Weather here as shitty as yours, difference is your houses and transport system geared for it. Saving like mad this yr and I would like to make a turn towards the end of the yr, maybe sooner if I can. Missing my best friend like mad. Keep going and thans for all the smses and e-mails, kisses and hugs and all round. Janine
Post a Comment