to start this post I will discuss the FUN we had yesterday! We started off the day with Lance taking us exploring to Barry Island. We went for a nice walk and met a lovely retired couple walking their Retriever. Skyla got very tearful into the walk, seeing all the people walking their dogs on the beach broke her little heart! Meagan was a star and tried to cheer her up - we landed up having a divine burger and chips, I opted for a bacon roll! It was still early so I decided to do Cardiff Queen street too as I knew that would cheer Meagan up to see that there is more to Wales than Llantwit. It was a LONG day though so the girls got tired - it is shoppers paradise and Lance and I could see Kay and Christy having a BALL! Yes, even for the bargain hunter. We took the girls to the Disney shop and then found Build-a-bear! Of course that made a little heart happy! After quite a day - I must be honest Lance handled it well - he does NOT appreciate shopping at all - not that we did any but still! We headed off back on the train and found out how to save a lot while doing so much travelling on the trains too - it will be big help when you are all visiting you will just have to take either Meagan or Skyla with but save HUGE on the fares! Trains are expensive the tickets for yesterday cost 15 pounds which converted is quite heavy but it is really not worth the bover (!!!!!) of parking in Cardiff when it costs 2 pounds an hour on SPECIAL days for shoppers! The scenery is lovely and you get to relax for 40 minutes there and then again back. Today started off a little sad with the news of Natasha's dad - it then seemed to snowball with emotions running high! We are going out though for some fresh air and a GAP! I am sure it will do us good and if I put my wellies on EVERYTHING will be alright! It has been a month today and for once I can say it does not feel like it - we have done so much and yet so little - but we are here and we are making progress! We miss you all terribly but I am sure that will get better too by our next anniversary - with the news this morning it has made us all realise how vulnerable we are so far away from those we love so dearly. Until later . . . (oh by the way for those on facebook I am sure you have seen all the albums that I have uploaded of Barry Island and more but for those who are not on facebook - GET ON! or give me your mail address so that I can send you links!)
Sunday, January 13, 2008
One month today . . .
to start this post I will discuss the FUN we had yesterday! We started off the day with Lance taking us exploring to Barry Island. We went for a nice walk and met a lovely retired couple walking their Retriever. Skyla got very tearful into the walk, seeing all the people walking their dogs on the beach broke her little heart! Meagan was a star and tried to cheer her up - we landed up having a divine burger and chips, I opted for a bacon roll! It was still early so I decided to do Cardiff Queen street too as I knew that would cheer Meagan up to see that there is more to Wales than Llantwit. It was a LONG day though so the girls got tired - it is shoppers paradise and Lance and I could see Kay and Christy having a BALL! Yes, even for the bargain hunter. We took the girls to the Disney shop and then found Build-a-bear! Of course that made a little heart happy! After quite a day - I must be honest Lance handled it well - he does NOT appreciate shopping at all - not that we did any but still! We headed off back on the train and found out how to save a lot while doing so much travelling on the trains too - it will be big help when you are all visiting you will just have to take either Meagan or Skyla with but save HUGE on the fares! Trains are expensive the tickets for yesterday cost 15 pounds which converted is quite heavy but it is really not worth the bover (!!!!!) of parking in Cardiff when it costs 2 pounds an hour on SPECIAL days for shoppers! The scenery is lovely and you get to relax for 40 minutes there and then again back. Today started off a little sad with the news of Natasha's dad - it then seemed to snowball with emotions running high! We are going out though for some fresh air and a GAP! I am sure it will do us good and if I put my wellies on EVERYTHING will be alright! It has been a month today and for once I can say it does not feel like it - we have done so much and yet so little - but we are here and we are making progress! We miss you all terribly but I am sure that will get better too by our next anniversary - with the news this morning it has made us all realise how vulnerable we are so far away from those we love so dearly. Until later . . . (oh by the way for those on facebook I am sure you have seen all the albums that I have uploaded of Barry Island and more but for those who are not on facebook - GET ON! or give me your mail address so that I can send you links!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hello...
I still can't get into Meggies blog... please send me an invite so that i can add a link to my site...
Hope you guys are all doing really well!
miss you lots.
Post a Comment