Tuesday, May 08, 2012

TUM - Update

Well folks, I really owe my TUM partners a HUGE apology for letting this slide quite as bad as I have!  On looking back, {and boy am I glad that I did!], I realised that I need a BIG update!

My last joint TUM post was on Laughter and since then we have had WOOD, ORB, DARK, FURNITURE AND FRESH!

Sounds like it almost echoes the themes of my last few weeks, moving a lot of WOOD furniture to my new home, cleaning WOOD laminate floors, taking risks in DARK forests in the name of photography assignments, a FRESH new start!  Well, for those that know me I am in constant contact with the orb world!  Hope that made you all chuckle!

Here goes with my amazingly talented parters:-

First up is Mariette with her wood theme - I love the texture, I love how Mariette see's things - the close inspection - good take, good colour, good point of focus - well done!



Next up is the amazingly beautiful wedding invitation that Linda has taken - wow - must have been an awesome wedding!  Love the texture, love the colour and love the angle at which Linda has chosen to take the image - sometimes a box is a box and it takes a good imagination so show the beauty!  Well done.


My take was of a tram floor, the circles at the back were light coming in from the outside.  The wood was a rich brown but I chose to make it black and white to accentuate the play on the shapes at the end of the lines.  I really am STUCK on 50mm photography though.  I bought the mid range lens and am seriously thinking of getting the big boy and sticking to 50mm photography.  It changes the way you view things, it is such a different look and in my last two weddings I think I have perfected it!  Good glass is the answer!


Our next theme was ORB!  An interesting concept.

Linda's take was of the moon - lovely image, love the ghostly feel and the silhouette trees!


Mariette took this lovely glass orb which in turn is filled with orbs of air!  Love it!


Mine was taken at a recent wedding when I saw those lights dance I just knew it would make a good 'orb' shot!



Our next theme was DARK - Love Mariette's take on the moon - extremely moody, extremely spine chilling!  Very Dark!


I equally love Linda's take with the little light coming through in the room - makes you wonder what is going on inside - rather sinister!



Mine, taken in London practising shotgun style photography - turned very real people into ghostly figures.  Sort of a reality check, we are only here living in the moment as it passes we are but specks of colour!



After  a break we decided to do a double take to get us up to date so we had Fresh and Furniture last week!

I absolutely love Linda's take for Fresh - you can just smell the fresh smell of newly cut green grass!  Ingenious!  Would like to see a blog update though . . .



Check our Mariette's blog for her Spring Watch - awesome images - lovely FRESH life!


I was spoilt with a lovely bouquet from my recent bridal couple - they have lasted long and smell divine and such pretty colours - love FRESH flowers!



Mariette's furniture take - beautiful!


 Linda took this one at a place they stayed recently - lovely vintage finish - that vintage feel is just what I want to do with the antique table in my dining room - I also want six different styles of chairs to do the same around it with pretty cushions!  Oh so not my style! 



My beloved Welsh Dresser - I will harp on about this forever, it was the bargain find of the century - it was unloved and very dusty but beneath all that I saw its potential and its beauty!  In all things we should look for the beauty no matter how deep we have to dig!  For everyone is beautiful!  A few weeks of elbow grease and bee's wax and now a weekly polish, it is my pride and joy!

My only hope is that it will be loved long after I have gone! 


I feel so much less guilty now that this post is up to date!  Sorry girls, for letting the side down, move and no internet aside!  Your images deserved to be viewed!

1 comment:

Mariette said...

Well done, Claire...great catch-up!