Here is a little bit of our new home . . .
I have an extra large chest of drawers on my top landing - there are so many drawers and to brighten it up we found these lovely hesian and wooden vintage style hearts from NEXT it was our house warming present to ourselves when we went to buy Aunty Christine's birthday present before we moved in! Love them . . .
They just match so perfectly with the metal ones that we bought from the new little gift shop in Llantwit last year when we went to the Victorian Fair . . . (they used to be on my 'kas' {welsh dresser}) now they are on the desk in my bedroom.
On my desk in my office (the spare-room) I have my beloved calendar made in 2009 with a special friend who should in theory have a matching one! AND this is today's project 365 image as it was taken today and it's on the right day . . .
This image is lovely - it really shows what amazing LIGHT we have in our new home - this leather antique suitcase - yes ALL leather is lined up on the top of my wardrobes with my picnic basket and wedding suitcase - all filled to the brim with photography props!
The picnic basket is in the middle . . .
These delightful flowers - actually the colours are AMAZING! - are in my lounge bay window! A lovely gift from our most recent bride and groom. What a wonderful wedding we captured on the 21st of April for Ceri and Phil - such an honour to share their day!
I couldn't give a house update without capturing my favourite bit of furniture - but at least it is a TOTALLY different take! LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my welsh dresser!
YAY, all my cookery books are lined up on a shelf in the utility room, just off the kitchen! No longer on a bookshelf in my office! They are were we need them!
I also absolutely love my alluminium . . . you know what!
Skyla's sign bought on holiday with Caz in Pembrokeshire a few years ago! And boy can I agree she needs a maid! Messy pup - she is Cinders only when she want to be and NEVER in her own room!
I am so happy that I have my favourite kitchen curtains up again - we bought these in Bridgend in the first week of us arriving! They were something beautiful to block out the view from our kitchen of concrete jungle in Bedford Rise - now they have pride of place in my beautiful kitchen!
My potato and onion hessian bags have their own shelves in my kitchen - no more just hanging around!
The crystal light fittings went straight up on our first day - really strange that houses here never have light fittings! At least I get to collect my own! Looking for my stained glass dragonfly shade - must go shopping soon! We are two short and my new office just has to have it!
Jessie was priceless snuggled up on my bed today on her favourite fur throw! She is such a different dog in Authors Place - so special, so good and so cheeky!
I have a set of dragonfly table weights that hang on my curtains in my office - my friend has hers on her cream curtains in her lounge - just around the corner from me! Little did we know those years ago that we would land up in the same complex - she was married and had a lovely large home then and we were in Llantwit - life is peculiar!
On my shelving in the office - my favourite clock bought for myself in my favourite gift shop near Woolworths in Woodbridge, Kempton Park just before we left South Africa - I also bought my matching teddy to Natasha's there as well as Meagan and Brittany's! Memories . . .
I love that our staircase has wood finishings - so warm and full of texture!
Pride of place between my office and bedroom on the landing - first picture to go up in the new house - special gift from my bestest friend in the world! Made by another friend, just for me! I wonder why?
You guessed it - I love words - and yes, I love dragonflies! This is on my desk in my bedroom surrounded by my round frames with photo's of my precious family!
Next to my bed, my pile of books and my lump of solid Rose Quartz made into a light all the way from the Kalahari - it's the one holiday we speak so much about, the Harley trip with Andre and Lorraine! Such good memories . . .
My mom sent the girls lovely scarves last year and this flower came on the one that I loved - I still wear the scarf and pinned the flower onto one of my silver chains hanging next to me on the headboard - love the colours, they go so well with my bedroom decor. My prayer beads from France, another special gift - right next to me when I sleep!
Christy Jean bought this sign and was worried that I would take offence! I just love it! Not so apt now as the new house is so spacious that everything has its place and I am really strict about it staying like that! No more clutter - if we buy something we have to get rid of something plain and simple!
On the landing upstairs ontop of that HUGE chest of drawers - a hanging frame of Christy's scrapbook page (my favourite) with the word Dream spread out around the bottom of it! Love the texture in my runner - loved it on the coffee table in SA and still feel the same about it here!
WOW - what a journey - just realised what makes a house a HOME! It's love, it's words, it's hearts filled to the brim with LOVE and DREAMS but most of all it's good MEMORIES!
{i KNOW i AM SHORT OF IMAGES but I think this post is complete!}
























1 comment:
LOVELY pictures, and a lovely post....thank you for sharing Claire. Your new home sounds (and looks) beautiful....may you add to your collection of happy memories!
Post a Comment