Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Putting 2008 in perspective . . .


what an amazing year - a year of personal growth and awesome experiences. From the Welsh valleys to her amazing shoreline we have explored and still have so much more to explore. Wales opened up her lovely heart to fill ours with love and joy and friendship. I am grateful and I am sure the rest of the clan are too that things have been somewhat EASY but that is not the correct word to use. It has not been EASY to start a new life and to heal so many hurts of leaving all we knew and loved behind. I just KNOW that it was the right thing for our family unit at the time and we have been so blessed. We have learnt so much about each other and more importantly I think about ourselves. I am so looking forward to 2009 a year of great excitement and joy. A year of change in a different form. A more settling year, finding our feet and building strong foundations for the future. It will be a year of great things for Lance, as a husband, father and a South African citizen who will be going through the motions of gaining his permanent residence in the UK. More learning and more tests and the endless forms that come with it but it will be rewarded with great joy and a feeling of acceptance. Thank you to all who have stood by our family during this year - for all your thoughts and prayers and endless support. It is truly appreciated. Until 2009 - Enjoy the last moments of this year and look forward with great delight at what the New Year has to offer - - with fondest love and memories - the Welsh Mc Geers

2 comments:

Michelle Ramsay said...

All the best for a wonderful 2009.

There is a strong possibility that my hubby and I will be visiting our daughter in Cardiff in April, so will definitely come and visit you.

Desire Fourie said...

As you say, things can only get better in 2009. Wishing you all a blessed 2009 filled with lots of happy memories. Hugs from Desire