Monday, October 20, 2008

To all the scrapbookers out there . . .

NEVER forget WHY you do what you do! My treasured albums arrived last week and after not laying eyes on them for ten months it was quite something! I know, that if something were to happen to me and I lost my memory or something (don't laugh - it happened to a scrapping student of mine - thing is she came to scrapbook so she could remember but had no history to remind her of things past! VERY SAD!) I know that I would love to read the stories that I have written about things that have happened in our lives! It was such a treat to sit down after five solid days work of unpacking and sorting and pulling the house straight and look through my albums! To read the stories behind the photo's and to remember so much! We do forget - and I know I harp on about journalling but WOW it is soooo important it is what sets a scrapbook apart from a PRETTY photo album!

I want to THANK everyone who has been a part of my journey - for all the tears and the joy - for sharing part of my life with yours to make both our lives so enriched with love and friendship!

I want to thank all those who's lives I will still cross in the future for making each new day such an adventure.

Most of all - my treasured family for sometimes sacraficing to much of my time in order for me to be the family storyteller - I loved what I did when I did it and now in retrospect am forever thankful that I took the time! It has been so worthwhile.

I know I preach on about journaling all the time and quite understand how difficult it is for some people to do! Believe it or not it was as difficult for me in the beginning but now comes so naturally - the journey has been worthwhile! Make the effort and start documenting your life story now!

As an incentive I will be sharing more of our story and scrapbook pages soon! Watch this space - inspiration will be forthcoming! The cold, dark winter nights are approaching and between the hectic social life of international rugby matches and rock concerts and what we call everyday life I am going to make more of an effort!

Our story is ours alone - it is a simple one - but no one else could tell the story! THAT is what makes it so easy and unique!

Until next time . . .

2 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Sjoe, I am so glad for you that your precious albums have arrived in tact. You are so right about us having to put our lives down in words on paper. I am currently doing a BOM (book of me) challenge through Tracy Gardiner's blog and it is quite enlightning writing my own unique story. Tracy's blog address is: http://tracyscharmedlife.blogspot.com/

Michelle Ramsay said...

I so agree with what you say about writing down our life experiences. I am certainly doing that a lot more now.

Glad you received all your goodies. I often go back into my albums and read and look at past pages. Always brings back fond and wonderful memories.